The administrative burden of a QA Peer Review program can be frustrating and overwhelming. While clients would rather spend their time on patient care, their radiologists must typically participate in a physician peer review program to meet American College of Radiology (ACR), The Joint Commission and internal hospital requirements.
With vRad’s Peer Review program, our clients’ radiologists don’t spend precious clinical time over-reading reports. Instead, they rely on vRad’s independent, unbiased peer-review team of top radiologists who utilize the time-tested processes of our own internal Peer Review program – pioneered by vRad in 2004 with over 10 years and millions of studies of benchmark data.
vRad’s Peer Review Services offer many benefits including:
- Third-party review frees your radiologists for billable work rather than paperwork
- Top vRad radiologists use a non-academic, community-care approach to peer review, giving you an unbiased, objective review and verbal notification if a significant miss impacting patient care is identified
- Confidential reports grade the severity, conspicuity, and impact on patient care of any discrepancy, and can be easily downloaded at any time
- Statistical reports include physician, modality with body part, and facility summaries to satisfy accrediting organization guidelines
- Peer Review committee consists of a chief medical officer, vRad medical directors and select subspecialists chosen for superior quality performance
vRad’s Standardized Peer Review Process.
- vRad Peer-Review committee members review images and the local radiologists’ final reports for the sole purpose of assessing the quality of the radiology interpretation
- Committee members issue Peer-Review Reports within 14 days
- Original interpretation rated on severity, conspicuity and impact on patient care
- Verbal notification made if a significant miss impacting patient care is identified
- Client reports accessible online at any time in vRad’s online Order Management System (OMS)
Ultimately, any QA Peer Review process should be aimed at improving performance on a case-by-case and radiologist-by-radiologist basis. It’s a process of incremental improvements, with the benefit of improved quality revealing itself over time.
The only reliable method of honing the performance of individual radiologists and of a practice is through a consistent process for capturing, studying and acting upon data. Involving the reading radiologist and always closing the loop with them to improve future performance is critical. Failure to directly address whatever factor(s) may have contributed to the discrepancy represents a failure of the entire quality assurance process.
vRad’s Order Management System (OMS) – 24/7/365 Online Access for Peer Review.
Our entire Peer Review process is facilitated through our online portal where reports can be submitted and administrators can pull on-demand QA reports for the entire radiology department or by individual radiologists.
Contact us to learn more about how vRad’s Peer Review Services can help streamline your radiology practice.