vRad's Stroke Protocol—Ultra-Fast Radiologic Care for Your Stroke Patients
- Critical Test calls completed in as little as 1-2 minutes
- Average report turnaround time under 10 minutes
You can rely on top vRad neuroradiologists to deliver the very same clinical quality at night as your patients realize by day.
Every second counts when treating a patient suffering a stroke. That’s why vRad is the trusted partner of stroke centers nationwide, reading over 67,000 stroke studies and 21,000 perfusion studies performed annually. vRad’s transformational innovations in radiology are working to ensure the fastest turnaround times for your stroke patients.
Assigning an urgency of Stroke Protocol escalates the study to the top of vRad’s study queue and sends an alert to every radiologist on the schedule with privileges to read for a facility — with priority given to neuroradiologists. It also generates a call to the facility with positive or negative findings.
How it Works
Stroke Case Identified.
The case urgency is easily marked “Stroke” in vRad’s online Order Management System or through automatic association within the HL7 order.
Urgency Automatically Escalated.
vRad’s patented workflows automatically process stroke cases with our fastest turnaround target of under 20 minutes.
- Cases are assigned immediately, and automatically to all credentialed radiologists online at the time of the study.
- Orders are escalated to the very top of the radiologists’ worklists with a requirement to be read next.
Critical Finding and Critical Test Calls Auto-Dialed.
vRad uses Natural Language Processing to “listen” for critical finding statements in real-time during radiologist dictation. If a critical finding is dictated in a report, and you have registered your contact numbers with vRad, a call to the referring physician is automatically triggered – reducing critical finding relay times to under 2 minutes.
- Critical finding calls are made to any number you designate. Want calls to go right to the ED physician’s cell phone? No problem. A unique phone number can be designated on each order and calls can be configured to include both positive and negative findings.
- A critical findings summary is included in monthly Teleradiology Metrics Reporting – and other standard/custom vRad reports.
Radiology Report Distributed.
The final or preliminary radiology report is sent to the facility immediately upon the radiologist’s signature (fax, email, EMR integration, etc.).
- vRad radiology reports include the volume of acute parenchymal hemorrhage if present, meeting Comprehensive Stroke Center guidelines from The Joint Commission.
Read more about the strides we’re making in Deep Learning by reviewing our 360⁰ Optimized Radiology Workflow.
To find out more about our stroke protocol, or how vRad can help you manage your imaging services differently—with the insight that comes from the nation’s leading radiology practice, contact us today.