vRad is the leading national teleradiology services and telemedicine company with over 500 U.S. board-certified and eligible physicians, the majority of whom are subspecialty trained. Our clinical expertise and evidence-based insight help clients make better decisions about the health of their patients and their imaging services.
Our physicians interpret and process patient imaging studies on the world’s largest and most advanced radiology PACS for 2,100+ client hospital, health system and radiology group facilities across the U.S. Our practice has 20 issued patents for innovation in telemedicine workflow, and we are a recognized leader in imaging analytics and deep learning-assisted diagnostics.
To find out more about vRad, watch the video below:
- Founded 2001– a MEDNAX Company (NYSE: MD)
- 500+ U.S. board certified and eligible radiologists, the majority subspecialty trained
- 2,100+ hospital, health system and radiology group facilities served in all 50 states
- U.S.-based 24/7 operations and technical support center
- World’s largest and most advanced PACS
- The largest – and only – radiology patient care benchmarking platform (vRad RPC Indices) for statistically significant national peer performance comparisons
- 20 issued patents highlighting innovation in telemedicine workflows; additional patents pending on data normalization and deep learning applications for computer assisted diagnostics
- Nationally recognized for innovation and clinical leadership, including Frost & Sullivan Visionary Innovation Award Winner: Medical Imaging Analytics – North America
- ICD-10 ready and 100% radiologists trained by October 1, 2015
- Standard-setting Quality Assurance program emphasizing performance improvement since 2004 – delivers 99.7% accuracy
- Trusted by stroke and trauma centers around the country – patent-pending stroke and trauma workflows increase the speed of high-quality radiology reports for patients
vRad’s practice was founded, built and is led by physicians.
Our 500+ U.S. board certified and eligible radiologists, the majority of whom are subspecialty trained, average 9 years post-certification experience. vRad’s physician team is led by Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Benjamin W. Strong, certified in both radiology and internal medicine—with fellowship training in musculoskeletal MRI. Dr. Strong leads a world-class team of medical directors, as well as clinical chiefs; he was selected by his peers as the “Top Radiologist to Watch” in Diagnostic Imaging.
vRad is a company of MEDNAX, a national medical group that comprises the nation’s leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric physician subspecialty services. Roger J. Medel, MD serves as Chief Executive Officer of MEDNAX and has been a Director since he co-founded the company in 1979.
vRad is a partner focused on quality.
We are a trusted source for radiology interpretations because we deliver on our quality commitments—and share insights gleaned from operating with the same sets of challenges and opportunities as those we serve. vRad is proud of the high accuracy rate we have maintained despite increases in volume of studies read. The consistency of our accuracy has remained noteworthy at 99.7 percent. Read more about vRad’s Diagnostic Quality.
vRad is an innovator in telemedicine and analytics.
The scale of our radiology practice means that we can — and have invested over $55 million to improve physician productivity and speed — and quality of diagnoses. We have 20 issued patents highlighting innovation in telemedicine workflow; additional patents pending on data normalization, efficiency in workflow coordination, and deep learning applications within telemedicine.
vRad is also at the forefront of advancements in imaging data analytics. Our practice has created the industry’s largest centralized database from its non-replicable library of over tens of millions of radiology studies. vRad Analytics is designed to provide evidence-based insights to key decision makers at healthcare systems, hospitals and onsite radiology groups regarding optimal staffing, imaging utilization and clinical outcomes—all to more efficiently manage their radiology service lines and practices. Read more about vRad Analytics.