At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SECURITY ENGINEER.
The Security Engineer is accountable for the vulnerability, threat and data/system risk technology programs supporting vRad’s business. We are looking for an individual to build upon existing efforts, enhance and mature the program in line with the expanding business. The Security Engineer is responsible for leading efforts focused on implementing and managing solutions scanning, analyzing and reporting (as well as involved in remediating) activities that pose a technical security and data risk to the company’s data, services and systems. In addition, the Security Engineer will be responsible for the design, deployment, management, and monitoring of all aspects of vRad’s network in collaboration with MEDNAX’s enterprise team. This includes circuits, network devices, voice systems, wireless, and all other aspects if information movement on vRad’s networks.
The role calls for an individual with good technical acumen, strong skills in planning, communication, and analysis as well as working experience. This role is made for someone with a desire to be part of a fast-paced team shaping an effective technical IT security risk program both near and long term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with enterprise team to build, manage and mature an effective technical data/IT risk management program
- Collaborate with enterprise team to establish and communicate corporate security governance/assurance practices, implement an ongoing risk evaluation program as well as consistently lead the way in enhancing vRad’s capabilities to sustain IT integrity
- Develop and maintain appropriate levels of environmental awareness at vRad, our radiology affiliates, and MEDNAX
- Collaborate with enterprise and division leadership in managing security threat assessment presenting and aligning executive leadership providing feedback on at least a quarterly basis
- Provide independent testing and auditing of security control effectiveness including policy compliance, intrusion detection, and selective spot sample testing of information security controls
- Design, develop, and deploy network and security systems, components, and configurations in collaboration with the IT team
- Provide operational and performance management of security and network components of vRad Technology Platform
- Maintain industry and market awareness of security and network trends, product advancements, and standards
- Maintain technical understanding of Information Security standards as it relates to HIPAA
- Provide 24/7 Service Restoration support in the event of vRad Technology Platform outages or major issues
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures as they pertain to the network infrastructure
- Maintain working knowledge of vRad’s business model and functionality of core Technology Platform components including vRad RIS, vRad PACS, and vRad Enterprise Connect
- Engage across IT and the business to ensure an understanding of the importance of information security to protect vRad’s data and technology assets
- Partner with compliance, privacy and legal teams
- Stay abreast of and recommend new information security technologies as well as risk management practices to facilitate business initiatives
- Lead, investigate, document and partner to resolve security issues through individual and team contributions
- Promote, initiate and mature tactical initiatives that align with the Council on Cybersecurity’s Critical Security Controls
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5+ years of network (or equivalent) experience
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC
- Experience with implementing and supporting Anti-virus, Anti-spam, Anti-spyware, Internet Security and external security applications
- Network security knowledge, to include firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Experience with internet technologies such as DNS, web domains, and BGP
- Experience leading technical security initiatives focused on vulnerability, engineering, risk or threat management
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Experience engaging in contracts with vendors, consultants and other third parties
- Experience in Forensics and Cyber Attack mitigation
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.