At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A MEDICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST.
The Operations Center at vRad provides world-class customer support to our clients by monitoring and facilitating radiology workflow processes that are critical to patient care on a 24/7 basis for hospitals, clinics and radiologists. To effectively meet this need, the Operations Support Representatives provide constant monitoring of incoming orders and images to: (i) ensure that all relevant clinical information has been submitted; (ii) complete data order entry, on both a proactive and reactive basis; and (3) identify and/or troubleshoot non-technical issues.
The Operations Center and its staff play a crucial role in assisting doctors and technicians when patient care requires additional information or radiologist-to-hospital conference calls. Properly supporting these activities requires processing a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls with professional, courteous, and effective communication. Due to the nature of this business and its critical role in facilitating emergent patient care, multi-tasking, following procedure, extreme attention to detail, relationship management, regular and reliable attendance, and a sense of urgency are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide regular, reliable, and timely attendance for scheduled shifts
- Monitor incoming orders and images to ensure that all necessary clinical information has been submitted (including image count verification)
- Perform outbound calls requesting missing images, orders, worksheets or other information requested by doctors
- Perform data entry of faxed orders
- Verify hospitals requesting service are covered at the time of request
- Answer inbound calls
- Coordinate conference calls for doctors/RNs/rad techs
- Identify and trouble-shoot issues (i.e. mismatched studies, etc.)
- Provide documentation of all study activity
- Other duties as assigned
- No education required
- Two or more years of customer related experience in a contact center environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Telephone etiquette skills are essential
- Medical background a plus
- Professional, courteous and respectful demeanor
- High level of attention to detail necessary
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in a PC environment utilizing software/programs including Windows, Internet, Instant Messaging/Virtual Chat and general e-mail tools
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune for 4 years in a row.
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.