The Custom Structured Radiology Report from vRad
vRad has “cracked the code” on creating uniform, actionable, customizable structured reports.
Practice-wide uniform reports are a goal that is out of reach for most radiology practices. Each physician has his or her unique reading style; it’s important to preserve the integrity of each physician’s reading style while at the same time producing a structured report which can be quickly scanned for quick action.
Each Custom Structured Report from vRad is organized in a consistent template – regardless of radiologist reporting style – including Exam, Technique, Comparison, Findings and Impression identified and categorized according to organ system.
Our Custom Structured Reports are created in real-time using an advanced, macro-driven, line-by-line voice recognition workflow that maximizes our radiologists’ eyes on patient images – and off of their dictation windows. That means faster turnaround times – with higher accuracy.
Our proprietary workflows combine Integrated Intelligence with Natural Language Processing (NLP). The result is instant and active quality control that includes automated checks for: left and right sided consistency, gender-related terminology – and report copy assessment to verify required dictation — necessary for appropriate reimbursement for specific procedure types—is present.
Our integration of voice recognition and structured reporting, using a highly customized version of rScriptor by Scriptor Software, is a custom, unique workflow that delivers a consistent diagnostic solution that allows referring physicians to take quick action and leads to higher quality patient care.
vRad’s Custom Structured Reports offer several advantages including:
- Use the same language—any errors in the dictation or transcription processes can counteract the clinical accuracy of image acquisition and exam interpretation. Errors in transcription are common; vRad’s structured reporting solution “maps” language—which makes the reports more consistent, easy to read and understand.
- Follow the same format—structured reports organize data and present findings in the same way which improves referring physician efficiency and comprehension. For example, if you find that your referring physicians are missing incidental findings buried in the body section of reports, you can customize vRad’s reports to have findings categorized by organ system. Or, you can satisfy referral’s preferences by listing impression at the top or bottom of the report.
- Can be produced quickly and at a higher level of quality—our proprietary workflow captures and auto-populates “objective” information including: exam type, laterality, number of images, prior exams, etc.— and presents the data in a consistent format to our radiologists for review and interpretation. This reduces distractions and streamlines our radiologist’s workflow—and ultimately results in faster turnaround times and higher quality reports.
- Yield consistent data—consistent data can be more easily coded or mined for clinical, billing, or research purposes.
- Result in higher reimbursement rates—we combine Integrated Intelligence with Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyze the report copy and verify—based on procedure type—that required dictation is present. This helps ensure appropriate reimbursement and saves your billing team time.
- Allow our radiologists to keep their eyes on images at all times —vRad’s structured reports are created in real-time; our radiologists are not “editing” an existing report template—they are keeping their eyes on the images at all times.
- Can be customized to fit your referring physician’s preferences—design facility-specific reports by selecting from over 20 attributes including: impression first or last, impression bulleted or numbered, list findings by organ system, bold, underline or indent, and many more.
To find out more about vRad’s Custom Structured Reports, or any of our services, contact us.