vRad’s Virtual FTE
vFTE: The most efficient option for day or night radiologist coverage – with superior clinical and practice benefits.
- Personnel changes leaving holes in your clinical coverage?
- Need additional radiologists to support growth or subspecialty demands – like daytime coverage, breast imaging or MSK?
- Have more complex MRIs and PET/CTs than your current team desires to read?
- Looking for improved service levels through 24/7 final interpretations?
An onsite radiologist costs ~$500,000 per year
- Employed Radiologist Salary: $419,000 plus benefits, medical malpractice, practice expense, recruiting, vacation, partnership, etc.
- Locums: $2,300 per day (staffing 250 days = $575,000), credentialing costs/time/effort, unknown quality and productivity, availability challenges, subspecialty trained?
- The ACR says “…radiologist must produce $515,000 in a year [to cover] salary, group benefits and expenses. Stated another way – $2,341 a day.”
Based on daily locums rates, vRad could deliver Final reports for:
- 35 MR studies per day, or
- 52 CT studies per day, or
- 62 US studies per day, or
- 64 NM studies per day, or
- 170 XR studies per day.
Could your new hire or locums provide this many reads? With the right subspecialty? When you need them 24/7?
Why hire when vRad can simplify your staffing and deliver an on-demand, cost effective alternative – with superior clinical and practice benefits?
Contact us to learn more about our Virtual FTE Solution and download this page as a PDF.