Annual CME Radiology Conference hosted by vRad:
Practical Radiology 2018: Core Topics in Emergency Radiology
February 15 – 18, 2018 | The Venetian Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas!
20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Cost: $545 Early Bird| $595 after December 31, 2017
2018 will be our seventh-annual CME conference on Practical Radiology presented by vRad. Thank you to the 100+ radiologists who joined us in March of 2017.
The Practical Radiology 2018 conference will cover core concepts in emergency radiology that can be readily applied in everyday practice and will feature prominent guest lecturers Dr. Michael Federle, Dr. Chris Beaulieu, Dr. Benjamin W. Strong, Dr. Richard Duszak, and Dr. Matthew Zapala, and others.
Michael Federle, MD
Professor of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center
Chris Beaulieu, MD, PhD
Professor of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center
Richard Duszak, Jr., MD
Professor & Vice Chair for Health Policy and Practice, Emory University School of Medicine
Jason Shipman, MD, MS
President, Radiology Alliance
Benjamin W. Strong, MD (ABR, ABIM)
Chief Medical Officer, vRad
Matthew Zapala, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, University of California San Francisco
Fee includes tuition for all sessions, continental breakfast each morning and refreshments during break. Travel and hotel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee and are not included in the course fee.
Discounted conference rate of $395 for full time military and residents. Please send letter from your director or other status documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Cancellation Policy
Written notice of cancellation deadline is January 31, 2018. Cancellations after that date are subject to a $100 administrative fee. Send cancellations to email@example.com.
vRad Education Contact:
Hotel Information and Reservation
The Venetian® five-diamond resort and The Palazzo® Las Vegas
Experience the romance of Italy in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, where every detail has been carefully designed to provide you with a memorable stay – from the world’s largest standard suites to the city’s most elegant casino. The Venetian offers a vast array of amenities and services, including:
- More than 30 extraordinary Las Vegas restaurants – featuring an unprecedented six James Beard Award-winning chefs, including Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, and Thomas Keller
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, featuring a full-service Las Vegas spa, salon, fitness center, rock-climbing wall, and a wide range of soothing treatment packages
- The Grand Canal Shoppes®, the indoor streetscape, boasting 80 international boutiques and brand-name outlets for amazing shopping in Las Vegas
Each suite at The Palazzo Las Vegas is specifically fashioned with your comfort and convenience in mind. A sunken living room decorated with a distinctly modern European design. Marble-appointed baths. Private work areas include wireless high-speed internet access.
Please book your room directly with the Venetian.
- Make your reservations online at https://aws.passkey.com/go/RPRAR
- Guests may also book by calling our Venetian Groups line (877) 385-3885 or Palazzo Groups line (866) 659-9659, or our direct line (702) 414-4100.
- Group code: RPRAC for Run of the House/Standard Suite
- Group name: 2018 Practical Radiology
- Contracted Resort Fee of $39 plus tax, per night will be charged at time of occupancy. The Resort Fee includes unlimited local and toll free calls, in-suite internet access (WiFi or Ethernet), a complimentary daily newspaper per suite, boarding pass printing, daily access for two adults to the fitness facility within the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, and one (1), two-for-one coupon for well drinks, domestic beer or wine at any casino bar excluding The Bourbon Room (must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as sign language interpreter, by contacting DeeDee Heitzman at 952-595-1480 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
This conference will provide radiologists with current imaging techniques to evaluate the acutely ill and injured patient. Sessions will cover the latest advances and trends in trauma radiologic diagnosis.
The conference will provide a variety of the following:
- Studies and Images from a wide range of modalities
- Techniques available for diagnosis of specific entities
- Commonly encountered abnormalities and their appearances
Participants can expect to become familiar with relevant topics including traumatic injuries, mesenteric injuries, head and neck injuries, pediatric injuries and ultrasound abnormalities.
- Identify imaging approaches to allow prompt assessment of the injured or ill patient.
- Develop and utilize a systematic approach to the assessment of traumatic injuries and non-traumatic injuries, from head to toe.
- Identify pertinent aspects of emergency radiology.
- Understand latest imaging technologies to deliver continuous high quality care in emergency radiology.
Disclosure of the planning committee and speaker’s commercial relationships will be made known onsite prior to the activity.
Practice gaps have been identified through radiologist’s clinical experience, quality assurance programs, clinical chief meetings and independent surveys from the 500+ radiologists that read for vRad. These gaps can have a significant effect on patient outcomes, patient care and costs.
The Quality Assurance Committee was able to find trends and classify many commonly missed diagnoses. Compiling and presenting the quality assurance data and trends of these common misses, provides a foundation for learning diagnoses and better patient care practices, both for core and emergency based radiology.
Clinical Chief Focus Groups hear reoccurring themes that recognize a series of commonly missed diagnoses from the 500+ radiologists that read for vRad, and conclude updated techniques, teaching the latest clinical advances and identifying commonly missed diagnoses will provide radiologists with knowledge to diagnose correctly, which will ultimately improve performance and provide quality patient care.
Following Practical Radiology 2017: Core Topics in Emergency Radiology, a distributed survey revealed the top four requested areas for presentation in 2018: Pediatric, Neuro, Abdominal Trauma and Post-Operative Complications.
Questions? Need Help?
Contact DeeDee Heitzman by email or call 952-595-1480
The MEDNAX Center for Research, Education, Quality and Safety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The MEDNAX Center for Research, Education, Quality and Safety designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Record attendance in 2017!
Thank you to the 100+ radiologists who joined us March 9-12 in Las Vegas, helping make our sixth-annual CME conference on Practical Radiology the biggest and best ever! 95% of respondents to our survey rated the educational quality of the conference as excellent or above average.