At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A WEB APPLICATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
The Web Application Software Engineer will aid in the design, development, testing and supporting of software applications both web and windows based and designing and developing relational databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software within a team environment supporting a rapidly growing information technology intensive business
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business and user needs and translate into software systems specifications
- Participate in estimating, planning, and scheduling software development tasks
- Participate in the design of software systems, user interfaces, web services, processing algorithms, communications methods, and other major components
- Perform unit, integration, and system level software testing
- Assist SQA with integration and system level software testing
- Participate in code reviews
- Provide technical support to project team members, business users, and management
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations as needed to support radiologists and other systems support issues
- Other activities as directed by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 1-3 years of directly related experience
- Experience developing software using Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience with C# highly preferred (C++ or Java are acceptable)
- Experience with web UX designs preferred
- Experience with WebAPI and MVC preferred (Other MVVM architectures are acceptable)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL preferred (Oracle or other relational databases are acceptable)
- Experience with NUnit testing framework preferred (Other frameworks are acceptable)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio preferred
- Experience with software and database architectural techniques and high-level design using representational modeling and design techniques
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work on a team on independently defined tasks
- Demonstrated experience in full lifecycle development or major enhancement of object oriented software applications using relational databases
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.