At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST.
**This is an overnight position (5:00pm-3:00am) working a 7 day on, 7 day off schedule.**
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for supporting vRad’s 24×7 production environment. This includes providing top tier technical support to external and internal clients to enable the delivery of the highest quality patient care. This is a hands-on position requiring a broad technical knowledge. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to resolve and document issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external clients through various channels of communication (phone, chat, e-mail).
- Provide support for proprietary applications RIS and PACS produced in-house.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity in a LAN/WAN/VPN environment.
- Provide local and remote desktop and system support.
- Provide thorough documentation detailing all troubleshooting and communication in tickets.
- Work within a team.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization, or external vendors as required to achieve resolution.
- Associate degree in IT or two years of experience assisting users of computers systems.
- Familiarity with the Internet connectivity types: Cable, DSL
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts and protocols (TCP/UDP,IP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of commands and tools to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues (ping, traceroute, telnet, MTR, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Windows OS.
- A+ and Network+ certifications are preferred.
- Must be a team player
- Strong customer-service and interpersonal skills.
- Medical systems experience with PACS, RIS, HL7 and DICOM standards a plus.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune for 4 years in a row.
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.