This is an exciting opportunity with vRad’s parent company, MEDNAX, based out of vRad’s Eden Prairie, MN office.
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
This individual will function in the capacity of an Operations Engineer with focus on, but not limited to, supporting the high demands of our Infrastructure Operations. These daily executions require effective management and coordination across multiple platforms, ensuring uptime of infrastructure components, servers, devices and applications.
- Support Infrastructure Operations and triage applications issues as they arise
- Continue to improve server/application performance with increasing reliability and availability while maintaining or reducing costs
- Works well with other Infrastructure Engineers as well as other teams to drive resolution of incidents and problems
- Ensure proper service levels are being met and that a high level of customer satisfaction is being maintained
- Helps architect and implement solutions to address complicated infrastructure designs and application challenges around performance, scaling, and security
- Carries out preventive maintenance to ensure reliability and accessibility of various systems and infrastructure components
- Minimum of 5 years supporting and maintaining Windows Server environments
- Minimum of 5 years supporting Active Directory services and group policies
- Minimum of 3 years supporting Citrix XenApp, Xen Desktop and or similar application delivery technology
- Minimum of 5 years supporting VMware, or any other similar hypervisor technology
- Experience using Windows event logs, IIS logs, and application specific logs to address server and application performance issues and system errors
- Experience supporting storage technologies
- Experience with creating technical system documentation and user documentation
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and ideas to non-technical users and internal customers
- Critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Change management tactics
- Ability to research, understand and support various software products
- Application packaging support and management experience using LanDesk, WSUS or similar.
- Experience creating MS SQL queries, triggers, and stored procedures pertaining to troubleshooting, maintenance, and reporting of applications preferred
- On call and after-hours availability for infrastructure issues and in accordance with internal change schedules
- Experience with network and systems monitoring, SolarWinds, Splunk, etc
- ITIL certification is a plus
- NetScalers experience is a plus!