At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER.
This position will be based out of our Eden Prairie, MN office.
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for senior level systems engineering design, operation, evaluation and administration at vRad. A Sr. Engineer serves as one of the highest levels of systems support escalation in the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary technical escalation point for all areas of systems engineering
- Lead in the definition, acquisition, design, implementation, documentation and support of servers, datacenter and office related technologies
- Implement and maintain server hardware, storage and software in an enterprise environment
- Perform engineering design evaluations of current and potential systems technology and IT infrastructure
- Develop, implement and monitor information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security and regulatory compliance
- Lead in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers
- Formulate business systems architecture plans, estimate costs and ensure projects meet strategic needs
- Assist with vendor evaluations and testing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 6-10+ years of experience
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft AD and related Windows services administration (DNS, DHCP, DFS, clustering etc.)
- Backup and recovery with various systems such as Commvault
- Enterprise SAN and NAS configuration and support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- VMWare engineering and administration
- Cisco UCS platform experience
- Splunk (managing, performance tuning, architecting, etc)
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and the ability to multitask on a regular basis
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Enterprise faxing (FOIP), Skype4B, Enterprise SIEM, Exchange experience a plus
- Linux administration
- Multisite datacenter management and operation
- MCSE certification or relevant certifications a plus
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017.
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.