This is an exciting opportunity with vRad’s parent company, MEDNAX, based out of vRad’s Eden Prairie, MN office.
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who main responsibilities will be to research, plan, design, implement, integrate, maintenance and support of the MEDNAX enterprise network infrastructure (various networks and network protocols, firewalls, Internet, remote access, Wi-Fi, etc.) spanning multiple data centers and across the nation.
This including documentation, test plan, and ongoing evaluation of design for improvements and enhancements adhering to industry standards, best practice procedures and guidelines.
Location: Sunrise, FL or Eden Prairie, MN
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Responsible for designing, configuring and troubleshooting networks, including local area
- networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), extranets and intranets.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Maintain and Monitor Networking Equipment, define best practices for software and hardware revisions.
- Develops, implements and maintains network configurations, procedures and associated training plans.
- Write functional requirements/specifications and design documents.
- Work with ticketing and internal request system to troubleshoot and resolve issues or anomalies
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Creation of HLD (High Level Design) and LLD (Low Level Design).
- Adhere to Change control policies and procedures.
- Provides 24×7 on-call technical support for Network related emergencies (Team rotation)
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science field and/or 5 years of industry related experience within the Healthcare setting.
- At least 6 years of network engineer background in large-scale enterprise environments
- Routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS
- Routing and switching solutions (Cisco, Aruba)
- Firewalls/VPNs (Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, SonicWall)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (F5, NetScaler)
- Authentication solutions (Aruba Clear Pass)
- Wireless solutions (Cisco, Aruba)
- SDWAN technologies
- Cloud Network Configuration (Microsoft Azure)
- Monitoring tools (Preferably Orion, Tufin, Splunk)
- Data Center switching solutions (Cisco Nexus OS)