At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SUMMER SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN.
The Software Engineer Intern will aid in the design, development, testing and supporting of software applications both web and windows based and designing and developing relational databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software within a team environment supporting a rapidly growing information technology intensive business
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business and user needs and translate into software systems specifications
- Participate in estimating, planning, and scheduling software development tasks
- Participate in the design of software systems, user interfaces, web services, processing algorithms, communications methods, and other major components
- Perform unit, integration, and system level software testing
- Assist SQA with integration and system level software testing
- Participate in code reviews
- Other activities as directed by management
- In pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with one or more of the following a plus
- C# highly preferred (C++ or Java are acceptable)
- WinForms and WCF
- WebAPI and MVC preferred (other MVVM architectures are acceptable)
- Microsoft SQL preferred (Oracle or other relational databases are acceptable)
- NUnit (or similar) testing framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Developing software using Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work on a team on independently defined tasks
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.