At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN.
The Software Engineer Intern will aid in the design, development, testing and supporting of software applications both web and windows based and designing and developing relational databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software within a team environment supporting a rapidly growing information technology intensive business
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business and user needs and translate into software systems specifications
- Participate in estimating, planning, and scheduling software development tasks
- Participate in the design of software systems, user interfaces, web services, processing algorithms, communications methods, and other major components
- Perform unit, integration, and system level software testing
- Assist SQA with integration and system level software testing
- Participate in code reviews
- Other activities as directed by management
- In pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with one or more of the following a plus
- C# highly preferred (C++ or Java are acceptable)
- WinForms and WCF
- WebAPI and MVC preferred (other MVVM architectures are acceptable)
- Microsoft SQL preferred (Oracle or other relational databases are acceptable)
- NUnit (or similar) testing framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Developing software using Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work on a team on independently defined tasks
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.