At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A RADIOLOGY CODING COMPLIANCE SUPERVISOR.
The Radiology Coding Compliance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Office of General Counsel with projects pertaining to all aspects of the medical coding and billing compliance, with a focus on identifying and correcting coding issues that result in underbilling, incorrect billing, or non-compliance to CMS regulations. The Coding Analyst team will also support medical coding needs of other internal departments as required.
This position supplements our third party billing company’s coding process by obtaining additional information from reporting radiologists, client facilities, and hospital information systems when needed for better diagnosis and procedure coding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and keeps current on reporting requirements for the CMS Quality Payment Program and monitors QCDR feedback reports to help improve reporting outcomes.
- Identifies annual coding changes and Medicare updates that impact radiology and vRad’s business; supervising system and company updates.
- Reviews coding audits on vRad’s third-party billing company, identifies trends, and works with lead auditor and senior managers to develop and implement a corrective action plan.
- Assign incoming coding questions to coding staff. Identify common, recurring coding and reimbursement questions that come from clients, managers, vRad staff, and radiologists and help create and maintain a resource library with concise Q&A that are supported by industry-reputable resources.
- Identify trends and root causes of documentation deficiencies that result in late entries to support reporting requirements; proposing action plans to correct.
- Identify trends in denied claims involving medical necessity; proposeing action plans to correct.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vRad clients, third-party billing vendors, and radiologists and considers ways to add value (support, information, and services).
- Identifies topics for coding and billing education
- Builds effective teams, creating strong morale
- Delegate routine and important tasks to the team, allowing people to work independently but holding them responsible for their work.
- Develops team members, fostering individual and team growth.
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and possess presentation skills.
- 5+ years radiology specific coding experience
- Active Certified Professional Coder Certification (CPC) and/or Radiology Coding Certification (RCCB) required
- 2-3 years experience in supervising and/or managing others
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 5+ years of experience with government and commercial billing and collections preferred
- Ability to access hospital and billing information systems and identify information, reason for denial, and identify clinical information that would support medical necessity
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills with ability to address controversy
- Ability to present to more senior managers in a way that is seen as appropriate and positive.
- Ability to organize and assign work to team members, consistently following-up and reporting outcomes.
- Proven track record of independently handling wide variety of revenue cycle projects simultaneously with success
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of all areas of the revenue cycle
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must possess high level critical thinking, problem solving skills, and self-initiative
- Must be extremely detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.