At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A RADIOLOGY CODING ANALYST.
The Radiology Coding Analyst is responsible for supporting the Office of General Counsel with projects pertaining to all aspects of the medical coding and billing compliance, with a focus on identifying and correcting coding issues that result in underbilling, incorrect billing, or non-compliance to CMS regulations. The Coding Analyst team will also support medical coding needs of other internal departments as required.
This position supplements our third party billing company’s coding process by obtaining additional information from reporting radiologists, client facilities, and hospital information systems when needed for better diagnosis and procedure coding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with vRad’s team members, third-party billing vendor, vRad clients, and radiologists to obtain information needed to support medical necessity in order for vRad to successfully collect reimbursement for professional radiology services
- Helps vRad radiologists successfully participate in Medicare’s quality payment program
- Responsible for understanding yearly Medicare changes that affect radiology and the health care industry and possesses ability to apply to daily work processes
- Conduct coding audits on vRad’s third-party billing company
- Research coding and reimbursement questions that come from clients, managers, vRad staff, and radiologists
- Review radiology reports that are held due to missing information required to support billing, identifies root issue, and communicates requests to radiologist so that final reports can be billed
- Works medical necessity denials and is able to identify the coding or documentation error to submit corrected claims or submit appeals to third-party payers
- Establish and maintain relationships with vRad clients, third-party billing vendors, and radiologists in order to obtain and provide information
- Identifies topics for coding and billing education and can prepare an article or presentation slides on the topic
- Balances and completes a variety of assigned tasks with minimal management in a timely and accurate manner that is compliant to policy and procedures
- Help maintain accurate and up-to-date coding in vRad systems.
- Encourage and maintain positive working relationships
• 3-5 years radiology specific coding experience preferred. Will consider 2-3 years of radiology coding experience
• Active Certified Professional Coder Certification (CPC) and/or Radiology Coding Certification (RCCB) required
• 3+ years of customer service experience
• 3+ years of experience with government and commercial billing and collections preferred
• Ability to access hospital and billing information systems and identify information, reason for denial, and identify clinical information that would support medical necessity
• Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills with ability to address controversy
• Ability to organize workload, consistently follow up, complete, and report outcomes
• Proven track record of independently handling wide variety of revenue cycle projects simultaneously with success
• Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to troubleshoot issues independently and effectively manage assigned tasks
• Knowledge of all areas of the revenue cycle preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
• Must possess high level critical thinking, problem solving skills, and self-initiative
• Must be extremely detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
• Able to manage own tasks and assist other team members
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.