At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A PRINCIPAL NETWORK ENGINEER.
The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for leading the vRad network infrastructure environment and acts as the lead for the network team. Ensures proper design, implementation and ongoing administration of the organization’s telecommunications systems and networks and makes upgrades and repairs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical management of all activities associated with vRad’s network infrastructure
- Maintain industry and market awareness of network and other technology trends, product advancements and standards
- Perform engineering design and evaluations of current and potential network systems
- Assign and delegate duties to team members involved in activities concerning the definition, acquisition, design, implementation and support of network and telecommunications systems used in both back office and production environments
- Address any issues brought up by office staff regarding network or telecommunications issues
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of network hardware and voice systems in an enterprise environment
- Act as an escalation point for team members as well as other business units when necessary
- Aid the department manager in the development and strategic implementation of network solutions and the support of them
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and controls as they pertain to network systems to ensure data accuracy, security and regulatory compliance
- Lead in the design and development of network and telecommunications systems and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers and the business
- Aid in the formulation of business systems architecture plans, estimates costs and ensuring projects meet strategic needs
- Provide active involvement in all network and voice related areas
- Design, deploy and maintain local and wide area networks
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures as they pertain to the network infrastructure for vRad
- Participate in the development of standards of use, operations and the security of company technology including the network, individual computers and company data
- Lead the communication with other departments in reporting and resolving network and telecommunications software, hardware and operational issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of network and telecommunications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team members
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager/VOIP
- CCNA or CCNP level of understanding of routing and switching
- IPSEC VPN tunnel management
- Hands-on experience w/Cisco equipment (including the design, configuration, implementation, support and operation) and the interoperability of Cisco with other brands of network hardware
- Experience with various network topologies: ISDN, Frame Relay, T1, T3, DS3, ATM, PPP, PRI, BRI, OC-3, and xDSL
- Experience with DNS, SNMP, ERGP and BGP
- A thorough knowledge of routing, networks and network design, including a strong knowledge of all OSI layers from application or physical, knowledge of ACLs, VLANs, Network Segmentation and experience with Syslog Monitoring
- Understanding of LAN and WAN internetworking devices: functions of internetworking, linking devices (repeaters, bridges, routers, and gateways) configuring, routing IP addresses and subnetting
- Working with multi-vendor firewall and VPN devices: cisco pix, checkpoint, netscreen and Nortel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask on a regular basis
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.