At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A PHYSICIAN SCHEDULER.
The Physician Scheduler is responsible for maintaining, updating and coordinating all physician schedules, balancing physician credentials across practice needs and proactively preventing coverage gaps from schedule adjustments. The Physician Scheduler will work closely with Medical Leadership and multiple teams across Operations to help manage physician onboarding, ensuring contractual obligations are fulfilled and collaborating with the Sales Team for Facility Coverage requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build mutually beneficial and lasting relationships with physicians and internal teams
- Communicate individual contract obligations and assist physicians as needed to ensure compliance with annual contract obligations as related to total hours worked, total weekends worked and holidays fulfilled
- Coordinate physician schedules across the practice to ensure appropriate coverage is available 24/7 to meet Study Demand and Facility Coverage requirements
- Facilitate physician schedule changes by engaging Medical Leadership for review and approval
- Collaborate with the Physician Licensing/Credentialing Teams for any mid-to-long term schedule adjustment requests and potential impact to planned physician capacity and facility coverage against operational needs
- Manage the onboarding of new physicians by coordinating schedules, state licensure and facility credentials against sub-specialist availability and physician workflow expectations for Empty Time, Idle Time and periods of high volume
- Work directly with the PCS Team (Production Control Support) in managing real-time workflow, physician emergencies and coverage needs
- Assist with ad-hoc physician capacity needs by reaching out to physician contacts with targeted messages and scheduling needs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or 2+ years of comparable business experience
- Discretion with proprietary and confidential information
- Able to communicate effectively and calmly in high-stress situations
- Positive attitude with high aptitude for creative problem solving
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and telephone skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Able to effectively prioritize responsibilities and multitask when needed
- Must be extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently both within a team environment or on individual assignment
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, scheduling tools/systems)
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.