At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A NETWORK TECHNICIAN.
*This is an overnight position working a 7/7 schedule (7 days on, 7 days off)
The Network Technician Level 1 is responsible for supporting vRad’s 24×7 production environment. This includes providing top tier technical support to vRad’s clients, radiologists and internal team members. This is a hands-on position requiring a broad technical knowledge in order to provide support for vRad’s proprietary software environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to resolve and document nightly issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test and troubleshoot VPN and network connectivity for new and existing customers
- Provide technical support (via telephone, IM, chat, e-mail, etc) troubleshooting issues and connectivity support for PACS, RIS and other systems
- Assist all internal and external customers (OC, radiologists, clients, etc) with any technical related concerns/issues
- Document and communicate all applicable information from our clients ensuring communication is available to the applicable internal department (i.e. IT, Client Services, Engineering, etc) within our organization
- Provide basic remote desktop and system support to our internal and external clients including our radiologists
- Provide entry level system administration support
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of network and desktop support experience or equivalent experience
- Recent completion of network and/or server administration technical school or equivalent experience
- IPSEC VPN tunnel management
- Familiarity with the network connectivity types: T1, T3,Cable and DSL
- Experience with different protocols: TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP, SSL and TLS
- Familiarity with networking monitoring tools and troubleshooting in a command line environment
- Understanding of LAN and WAN internetworking devices: functions of internetworking, linking devices (repeaters, bridges, routers, and gateways), configuring, routing IP addresses and subnetting
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) clearly with customers and provide phone/electronic communications (IM, chat, e-mail, etc) support
- Experience using a ticketing system
- Basic level of understanding of routing and switching as it pertains to a customer specific environment
- Knowledge of Cisco Products
- Knowledge and Experience of XP, Windows Servers 2000 and 2003
- Active Directory User Administration
- Medical systems experience with PACS and RIS a plus
- COMPTIA A+/Net+ certification desired
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.