At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A NETWORK TECHNICIAN.
The Network Technician is responsible for supporting vRad’s 24×7 production environment. This includes providing top tier technical support to vRad’s clients, radiologists and internal team members. This is a hands-on position requiring a broad technical knowledge to provide support for vRad’s proprietary software environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to resolve and document issues.
*This is an overnight position working a 7/7 schedule (7 days on, 7 days off)*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot VPN and network connectivity for customers.
- Provide application-level RIS and PACS support, including image workflow.
- Provide technical support to internal and external clients through various channels of communication (phone, chat, e-mail).
- Provide local and remote desktop and system support.
- Detailed documentation of support efforts.
- Work within a team and collaborate with others.
- Particular work shifts require the ability to participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer Support and/or Network Administration AAS degree or 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Familiarity with the network connectivity types: Cable, DSL
- Experience with different protocols: TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP, SSL and TLS
- Comprehensive knowledge of ping, traceroute, telnet, ipconfig, netstat, netsh, and nslookup commands.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN internetworking devices: functions of internetworking, linking devices (routers, switches and firewalls).
- Must possess a basic understanding of NAT and subnetting.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 10, Windows Servers 2012 and 2016.
- Network+ or CCENT certification is preferred.
- Strong customer support skills.
- Medical systems experience with PACS and RIS a plus.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.