At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A MEDICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST.
We currently have full-time schedules available for the following shifts:
- 9:00pm-7:00am with rotating weekend shifts
- 8:00pm-6:00am with rotating weekend shifts
- 7:00pm-5:00am with rotating weekend shifts
The Medical Support Specialist at vRad provides world-class customer support to our clients by monitoring and facilitating the radiology workflow process (24/7) for hospitals, clinics and radiologists. To effectively meet this need, the Medical Support Specialist provide constant monitoring of incoming orders and images to ensure that all relevant clinical information has been submitted, complete data order entry as needed proactively and identify and/or trouble-shoot non-technical issues.
We play a crucial role in assisting doctors and technicians when additional information is needed, or conference calls are required. To properly support these activities, a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls will require professional, courteous and effective communication. Due to the nature of this business, multi-tasking, following procedure, extreme attention to detail, relationship management and a sense of urgency are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor incoming orders and images to ensure that all necessary clinical information has been submitted (including image count verification)
- Perform outbound calls requesting missing images, orders, worksheets or other information requested by doctors
- Perform data entry of faxed orders
- Verify hospitals requesting service are covered at the time of request
- Answer inbound calls and chat requests
- Coordinate and complete conference calls for doctors/RNs/rad techs
- Identify and trouble-shoot issues (i.e. mismatched studies, etc.)
- Provide documentation of all study activity
- Protect the security of records to follow HIPAA guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or its equivalent – Associate Degree preferred.
- 1+ year of customer related experience. Experience in a contact center environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Professional, courteous and respectful demeanor
- Telephone etiquette skills are essential
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities
- High level of attention to detail necessary
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in a PC environment utilizing software/programs including Windows, Internet, Instant Messaging/Virtual Chat and general e-mail tools
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Medical background a plus
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.