At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A LEAD NETWORK ENGINEER.
The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for managing and leading the vRad network infrastructure environment and acts as the lead for the network team in accordance with organizational policies and goals, including guidance, delegation of duties and assignments to individual team members. Ensures proper design, implementation and ongoing administration of the organization’s telecommunications systems and networks and makes upgrades and repairs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical and Team Member management of all activities associated with vRad’s network infrastructure
- Maintain industry and market awareness of network and other technology trends, product advancements and standards
- Perform engineering design and evaluations of current and potential network systems
- Assign and delegate duties to team members involved in activities concerning the definition, acquisition, design, implementation and support of network and telecommunications systems used in both back office and production environments
- Address any issues brought up by office staff regarding network or telecommunications issues
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of network hardware and voice systems in an enterprise environment
- Act as an escalation point for team members as well as other business units when necessary
- Aid the department manager in the development and strategic implementation of network solutions and the support of them
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and controls as they pertain to network systems to ensure data accuracy, security and regulatory compliance
- Lead in the design and development of network and telecommunications systems and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers and the business
- Aid in the formulation of business systems architecture plans, estimates costs and ensuring projects meet strategic needs
- Provide active involvement in all network and voice related areas
- Design, deploy and maintain local and wide area networks
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures as they pertain to the network infrastructure for vRad
- Participate in the development of standards of use, operations and the security of company technology including the network, individual computers and company data
- Lead the communication with other departments in reporting and resolving network and telecommunications software, hardware and operational issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of management or team lead experience
- 5+ years of network and telecommunications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team members
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager/VOIP
- CCNA or CCNP level of understanding of routing and switching
- IPSEC VPN tunnel management
- Hands-on experience w/Cisco equipment (including the design, configuration, implementation, support and operation) and the interoperability of Cisco with other brands of network hardware
- Experience with various network topologies: ISDN, Frame Relay, T1, T3, DS3, ATM, PPP, PRI, BRI, OC-3, and xDSL
- Experience with DNS, SNMP, ERGP and BGP
- A thorough knowledge of routing, networks and network design, including a strong knowledge of all OSI layers from application or physical, knowledge of ACLs, VLANs, Network Segmentation and experience with Syslog Monitoring
- Understanding of LAN and WAN internetworking devices: functions of internetworking, linking devices (repeaters, bridges, routers, and gateways) configuring, routing IP addresses and subnetting
- Working with multi-vendor firewall and VPN devices: cisco pix, checkpoint, netscreen and Nortel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask on a regular basis
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.