At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SYSTEMS ENGINEER.
This position will be based out of our Eden Prairie, MN office.
Our systems team is growing and we are looking for a Systems Engineer with 1-3 years of systems administration experience. The Systems Engineer Level 1 will assist in the design, operation and maintenance of corporate and datacenter infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- System administration [40%]
- Capacity planning and performance monitoring
- Performing maintenance and upgrades
- Hardware and software break/fix and optimization
- Server OS and application installs
- Create and maintain documentation
- Participate in the systems team on-call rotation
- Maintain Active Directory environment and related services [20%]
- Provide support and escalation for the operations team [15%]
- Project planning [10%]
- Participates in planning and refining project tasks
- Contributes to overall project objectives
- Complete individual deliverables
- Assist with system backups and recovery [5%]
- Maintain data files
- Monitor system configurations to ensure data integrity
- Assist with assessment, procurement and implementation of hardware and software [5%]
- Other duties as assigned [5%]
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1-3 years of experience in server administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of the information systems technology and extensive knowledge of hardware and software, with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies
- Direct multi-year experience maintaining Windows Server OS
- Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Active Directory and related services administration (DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policy)
- Experience with basic LAN administration of TCP/IP networks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Any of the following are a plus:
- MS applications (SCCM, Exchange, WSUS, SQL, etc) experience
- Backup and recovery experience
- MCSE certification
- O365/Azure experience
- Cisco UCS experience
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017.
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.