At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN DEVOPS RELEASE ENGINEER.
The DevOps Release Engineer needs an understanding of source control, configuration management, deployment utilities and systems administration. This position is responsible for production deployments, development deployments, working with the systems infrastructure team for environment maintenance, documentation, general automation, and maintaining tools used for the vRad SDLC. In addition, this position may assist with documenting technical manuals and training manuals and coordinating inter-departmental activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the deployment and release of test and production software builds
- Manage 3rd party products and tools involved in the vRad SDLC
- Build, maintain, and execute scripts for the creation and management of servers
- Manage interaction between Engineering and internal departments to release and rollout new software
- Manage and communicate the release schedule
- Manage the rollout of software to clients, doctors and staff
- Coordinate the development of release collateral such as training manuals, user manuals, Frequently Asked Questions and online educational materials
- Manage the Source Control system
- Manage Windows server/website configuration management at the application level
- Troubleshooting system configuration and code deployment issues including root cause analysis
- Work with IT to manage the application server inventory to meet the needs of Engineering applications and processes
- Work with Database Engineers to help with database deployments, database restores, and other database activities
- Coordinate system availability with testing activities by Software QA and other Engineering activities
- Support users as needed
- May include participating in after-hours support rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with source control and using release/configuration management tools to manage the deployment of complex, Enterprise-wide software applications
- Detail oriented with proven track record of successfully managing complex projects
- Experience with database driven Web applications and enterprise level management of software development using a variety of tools
- Hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows servers and web servers
- Experience managing processes in a distributed personnel environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- An understanding of networking protocols a plus
- Experience with hospital or Radiologic information systems a plus
- Experience with Atlassian tools and/or TFS is preferred
- Experience with PowerShell is preferred
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.