At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.
The Director of Operations is responsible for all operational activities surrounding the assignment and distribution of teleradiology exams to ensure the delivery of timely radiology reports to vRad customers and their patients. The Director is also responsible for ensuring the Operations Center’s delivery of world-class service, customer care, and operational administrative support to vRad customers and radiologists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish benchmarks for operational efficiency, and implement workflow processes, policies, and procedures to enable a highly productive and efficient Operations Center team
- Evaluate, maintain, and recommend improvements Case Assignment and Prioritization workflows to maintain radiologist productivity and efficiency in accordance with the Practice’s clinical and goals
- Assess and evaluate operational workflow processes, policies and procedures within the Operations Center team
- Determine and enforce Operations Center productivity, quality and efficiency requirements in accordance with company needs
- Implement, evaluate, and maintain comprehensive policies, procedures and training programs for the Operations Center to ensure achievement of company goals for service, productivity, and operational efficiency
- Responsible for Operations Center staffing and activities 24x7x365
- Manage and maintain spending within Operations Center financial budget
- Engage with customers and radiologists as needed to set expectations, respond to complaints and to continue positive customer relations
- Establish and report appropriate metrics that effectively measure overall effectiveness and efficiency of customer care
- Consistently communicate progress against strategic and tactical goals to senior management and employees
- Consistently communicate with vRad Medical Leadership to ensure operational performance is aligned with the Practice’s clinical goals
- Manage day-to-day support for client/radiologist requests and activities to ensure client/radiologist satisfaction
- Measure, report and manage customer satisfaction
- Act as “business owner” of vRad’s Operations Center tools and technology systems, representing the needs of the OC and Operations teams to provide feedback and requirements to vRad’s technology teams when upgrades, enhancements, and new features are needed or implemented
- Responsible for meeting customer turn-around time commitments to ensure the delivery of appropriate service levels for vRad’s customers; provide guidance on when additional capacity is warranted in order to meet company goals
- Maintain Operations Center process documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of coursework and work related experience
- 6+years of management experience in a high volume call center or similar work experience; strong knowledge of general customer support operations; health care experience preferred
- Superior communication both verbal and written
- Project management skills
- Must have proven experience driving successful overall results (business results, customer satisfaction, employee relations, staffing, facilities, service levels, OC performance metrics, management development, training, budget management, etc.)
- Experience with conflict/problem resolution and negotiation skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask on a regular basis
- Excellent computer and systems aptitude, including Microsoft Excel
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple activities and remain flexible to change
- Organized, objective and deadline-oriented
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.