At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
The Director of Information Technology manages all aspects of vRad’s systems infrastructure environment. Scope includes all data centers, servers, storage area networks, desktop devices, special purpose compute devices, and vRad wide area networks. Management responsibilities include data center production operations, systems infrastructure availability and performance management, data protection and back-up, Service Restoration Team (SRT) support, change management process ownership, and vendor and supplier management. Information Technology team members are responsible for core critical 3rd party application support including Healthline Echo, Salesforce.com, and Sharepoint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical and team member management of all activities associated with vRad’s data center, networks, server, storage, and desktop infrastructure
- Develop data center, server, storage, and network strategies to support vRad business growth
- Maintain industry and market awareness of server and network trends, product advancements and standards
- Establishment of server, desktop, storage and network technical configurations and standards
- Evaluate and recommend new hardware to meet vRad’s business needs
- Maintain technical understanding of information security standards such as HIPAA, SOX IT, and ISO 17799
- Analyze vRad’s network and information security needs for current and emerging business activities
- Make recommendations to management for improvements in data center, servers, networks and information security
- Manage vRad internal desktop services and support
- Coordinate capital investments
- Manage maintenance contracts and agreements for optimal service and cost
- Availability management of production infrastructure
- Technology process lead for change management
- Design, develop, deploy and utilize monitoring and alerting tools for infrastructure performance management and issue identification of network and information security components
- Provide 24/7 service restoration support in the event of vRad technology platform outages or major issues
- Collaboration with other vRad departments and team members in reporting and resolving software, hardware and operational issues
- Maintain working knowledge of vRad’s business model and functionality of core technology platform components including vRad RIS, vRad PACS, and vRad Enterprise Connect
- Develop team members for career-track systems engineering roles
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year degree in computer science or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience or 12+ years of direct systems and network experience
- 4+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems environment, Exchange, and SQL
- Server 200X Systems Administration skills
- CCNA or CCNP level of understanding of networking engineering
- Cisco certifications and experience
- Superior communication both verbally and written
- Experience directing employees in an IT department
- Experience w/ implementing and supporting Anti-virus, Anti-spam, Anti-spyware, Internet Security and external security applications
- Hands-on experience w/ Cisco equipment and the interoperability of Cisco with other brands of network hardware
- Experience with various network topologies: ISDN, Frame Relay, T1, T3, DS3, ATM, PPP, PRI, BRI, OC-3, and xDSL
- Experience with DNS, , SNMP, and BGP
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated personal drive and sense of urgency
- Must have proven experience driving successful overall results
- Experience with conflict/problem resolution and negotiation skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have the ability to multitask on a regular basis
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.