At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A SUMMER DATABASE ENGINEER INTERN.
The Database Engineer Intern works with the Business Intelligence/Analytics Manager and the BI/Analytics team providing enterprise information management for vRad including SQL coding, construction of ETL processes and designing/maintaining of reports and dashboards. Duties include querying, transforming and analyzing data from operational systems to help deliver actionable information to management and operational teams. This position is also responsible for assisting in the support of the logical and physical aspects of vRad’s databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write SQL statements for data access to both operational and data warehouse environments
- Deliver business intelligence/analytics for projects and ad-hoc requests from internal business partners
- Assist in identifying solutions to request or problems
- Write SQL statements for transactional data access, data definition (database schemas and objects) and SQL Server administration
- Collaborate with local and remote team members
- Create complex reports and queries using SQL Reporting Services, Power BI and Tableau
- Operate and administer SQL Server instances in a high-availability environment
- Install and configure SQL Server components using best practices, including clustering and availability groups
- Monitor and identify issues in real time
- Tune SQL statements as necessary
- Follow vRad’s change management processes when modifying production systems
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Clarify and codify definitions in the corporate data dictionary
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.E, B.B.A., B.A., B.S.) in engineering (computer science) or business (accounting, finance, computer information systems) or actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, preferably majoring in computer science, computer information systems or related field
- Understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of SQL; able to write SQL conforming to the ANSI SQL standard
- Familiar with SQL Server 2012+ tools and components
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Effective business communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to changing requirements
- Desire to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.