At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DATABASE ENGINEER.
The Database Engineer will support high performing and highly available applications in the vRad core technology platform. The position is responsible for supporting the logical and physical aspects of vRad’s SQL Server Clinical Applications OLTP environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement complex and robust technical solutions that are scalable and manageable
- Write SQL statements for transactional data access, data definition and SQL Server administration
- Collaborate with local and remote team members to create high-performing, data-driven applications
- Create complex reports and queries using SQL Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Use modern ETL techniques to integrate data from disparate systems
- Document deliverables so they can be supported by the team
- Operate and administer SQL Server instances in a high-availability environment
- Install and configure SQL Server components using best practices, including clustering, mirroring, availability groups, and distributed availability groups
- Design scalable storage layouts
- Monitor and identify issues in real time
- Triage and solve issues that affect the operation of highly available SQL Server instances, such as blocking and de-blocking and deadlocks
- Tune SQL statements as necessary
- Participate in after-hours support rotation
- Customize commercial products for integration with vRad’s technology platform
- Assist with project planning to define scope and provide estimates
- Deliver functionality as promised, in the time estimated
- Follow vRad’s change management processes when modifying production systems
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends to provide guidance to technology decision makers
- Clarify and codify definitions in the corporate data dictionary
- Other duties as necessary to support vRad’s success
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Database Administrator Certification (MCITP) preferred
- 5 – 7 years SQL Server experience in mid to large sized environments
- Experience managing and architecting SQL environments with very large OLTP databases (1 TB or more)
- Experienced and confident in using advanced T-SQL in creating and updating custom queries, stored procedures, tables, functions and more
- Experience with installing, configuring and managing SQL Server along with Microsoft High Availability technologies, including Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication, availability groups, and distributed availability groups
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience working with a variety of difference performance optimization techniques including index performance tuning, query plan analysis/usage, capturing and analyzing performance counters, code rewrites and more
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring common SQL maintenance plans and custom scripts
- Ability to manage SQL Server permissions
- Experience in authoring, editing, communicating and enforcing SQL Server standards and industry best practices
- Understanding of ETL design concepts
- Experience with change control management
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced multiple server environments
- Must be able to communicate with non-technical users
- Must be able to manage multiple requests at the same time
- Experience with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS preferable
- Knowledge of various industry regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, PHI, SOX and how they pertain to the database domain is a plus
- Experience with OLAP systems is a plus
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.