At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DATA SCIENTIST.
The Data Scientist is responsible for developing software and neural networks for the purposes of classifying medical images (i.e., X-Rays, CT Scans) as well as automatically finding positional and volumetric information for pathologies and organs. This position is also responsible for setting up data analysis studies, including anomaly detection, identification of algorithm accuracy, precision, recall, and other metrics. In addition, this position will help guide the development of software for pre-processing images and building workflows to automate pipelines for the usage of machine learning models at vRad. The Data Scientist will help interpret results from validation tests involving machine learning models and work with internal and external customers to communicate these interpretations. The Data Scientist must be able to work with Software Engineering, Project Management, and Engineering leadership on a daily basis to work collaboratively, communicate progress, assess priorities, and help provide direction to other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software and neural networks for the purposes of classifying medical images
- Develop software and neural networks for the purposes of identifying positional and volumetric information in medical images
- Design data experiments for validation of machine learning models
- Develop software for preprocessing medical images for usage in machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
- Make recommendations to engineering leadership and business members for data collection and image annotation needs
- Work collaboratively with the manager assigned to the team to successfully complete all development activities
- Collaborate with the Chief Architect and the other principal engineers to develop and govern vRad’s technology platform
- Review, analyze and evaluate business and user needs and translate to software systems specifications
- Perform or assist in estimating, planning and scheduling software development task for self and/or team members
- Develop software in C# using structured coding practices
- Develop software and tools in Python for machine learning
- Design and create platforms for machine learning
- Provide technical support to project team members and/or management
- May include participating in after-hours support rotation
- May include supervisor responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in a related field plus 6 years of directly related experience; or 9+ years of directly related experience
- Demonstrated desire to provide software and models for machine learning applications
- 2+ years of experience with data curation and selection
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and data experiments, including anomaly detection and identification of algorithm precision and recall
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms, including convolutional neural networks
- Strongly Preferred: 1+ years of experience with medical imaging and machine learning, such as X-Rays, CT Scans, 3D, etc.
- Strongly Preferred: 2+ Years of Experience with Tensorflow or a similar framework
- Strongly Preferred: 1+ years of experience with image preprocessing for machine learning applications
- Strongly Preferred: 2+ years of experience with Linux and Containers
- Preferred: Masters in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
- Preferred: Demonstrated experience in full lifecycle development or major enhancement of object oriented (C#, C++) software applications using relational databases
- Preferred: Experience with high availability requirement production software applications
- Preferred: Experience with Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle relational databases
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad) is a technology-enabled national radiology practice working in partnership with local radiologists and hospitals to optimize radiology’s pivotal role in patient care. vRad’s more than 350+ radiologists serve 2100+ facilities, reading 5 million studies annually. Delivering access to extensive subspecialty coverage, vRad contributes to improved quality of patient care. And with its next-generation technology, vRad enhances productivity, helping to lower the overall cost of care while expediting time to diagnosis and treatment. For more information, visit www.vrad.com.
All offers are contingent on a criminal background check.
Virtual Radiologic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
No calls or agencies, please.