At Virtual Radiologic (vRad) you make a difference. Your skills, energy, and passion for results drive us to achieve strategic growth objectives and deliver quality patient care across the United States.
Virtual Radiologic is a national radiology practice and leader in the development of radiologist workflow technology. The dedication of vRad team members enables us to sustain our unique market-leading position and to provide the best quality and service to our customers and the patients we jointly serve. vRad team members exhibit energy and a passion for service excellence in our casually professional and collaborative work environment. We continually reward team members who embrace our fast-paced culture and who go the extra mile for our customers with internal recognition programs.
At vRad you make a difference.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST.
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for the Primary Source Verification (PSV) of radiologist’s credentials, meeting departmental goals, maintaining radiologist files and presenting initial appointment files to Credentialing Committee and Board while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Source Verification (PSV) and maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies on all documentation of a physician’s credentials, pertaining to all training, experience and other qualifications
- Analyze verification information to ensure file compliance with vRad Bylaws and Joint Commission standards
- Maintain files that meet complex standards for all state medical boards and 2000+ vRad hospital requirements
- Review reports (NPDB, AMA, FSMB, etc.) for each doctor, ensuring compliance with Joint Commission and Bylaws
- Participate in the implementation of credentialing processes and procedures
- Extensive and professional communication with radiologists pertaining to their file and vRad privileges
- Prepare and present complete radiologist initial appointment files to Credentialing Committee and Board
- Meet target date goals, provide timely and accurate database notes, consistent follow up on deficiencies and ensuring compliance and completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 2-3 years Medical Staff Office (MSO) or Credentials Verification Organization (CVO) experience
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) a plus
- Experience with Health Stream’s Echo Credentialing software
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards and HIPAA compliance
- Experience with summarizing and understanding legal documents
- Experience with presenting files at Credentials Committees and Board Meetings
- Experience handling sensitive info and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized, with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fully electronic records system with minimal paperwork
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Goal-oriented with excellent negotiation and people skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Proven ability to adapt to change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
ABOUT VIRTUAL RADIOLOGIC
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.